Sunday, February 10, 2013

been a while...

It has been almost a year since I last wrote a blog entry. I would love to give some really cool explanation, like I started an organic baby food line and became a millionaire, but that would be a lie.

My year has been spent with my little girl. She is now a year and a half old. I really have trouble with that. I swear it feels as though she was just born last week. I am sure I will wake up tomorrow and she will be in college.

Now, let me be the typical gushing mom for a few minutes. My daughter is awesome, whip smart, really funny, and such a pain in the ass. She is really into running, which means that she is also really into falling. Her father and I have gotten used to it, but it did make me really nervous for a while. She loves her kitties, and spends many hours petting them and kissing them. Quite often she says "nai nai" while she pets them. That is her word for nice.

She doesn't say too many words yet. Evangeline prefers to communicate through stares of death, gestures, smiles, hugs, and general attitude. But, she does say several: nanana for banana, nai for nice, uh-oh, ugh-in for again, adin for all done, mama, noar for roar, and uh for up. We are working on it with her. Her pediatrician would like her to have 20 words by her 18 month appt. That is in early March. We don't see that happening, so an EI eval is probably in her future.

In other news, I am looking for a job. I need one, like, yesterday. We have decided to stay on Long Island. There are a lot of jobs available but the qualifications needed for a $14/ hr entry level job are ridiculous. I guess this is what is meant by an employers market. I will find something, I just have to keep plugging away. I have 3 degrees and a variety of work experience, something will come up. It always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment